Friday, December 30, 2011

Las Vegas: Pics & People Watching

Oh, the pictures I could have shared if only I had a tiny, discreet camera to take pictures of all the interesting people we saw in Vegas. Dad, we found where all the 'odd' people were hiding in Vegas! Since I don't have pictures, I will have to describe a few of the things we saw while out and about in Vegas.

First, a girl fashionable dressed in black boots, black legwarmers, black tights, and, I'm sure you guessed it....a large red Mickey Mouse sweater! I wouldn't wish to be caught dead in a Mickey Mouse sweater, and I won't even be dressing Penelope in many Mickey Mouse things. However, after seeing a few more Mickey Mouse wearable items, I came to the conclusion that it must be a trend amongst those of Asian descent.

Next, we were in Ceasars Forum, a large mall on the Las Vegas Strip, where I saw three older men pushing a baby carriage and tending to a little baby. These men were dressed in some sort of middle-east looking garb, complete with turbans and beards. Maybe some caucasion men I know will take a lesson from this, and tend to the children while their wives get in some retail therapy.

And then, the highlight of Penelope's trip: I was sitting down on a bench taking a break, when I saw her eyes light up and stare intensely in one direction. I looked where she was looking, and there was a young guy standing there. Nothing exciting, but when Penelope still seemed enthralled with him, I took a second look. This time, he opened his mouth and smiled at her, and when he opened his mouth, it was like there was flashing police lights in his mouth. I don't know how else to describe it. He must have had some sort of fake teeth that flashed lights. Sorry, I'm not up to date on my urban-bling, but that's my best guess. Anyhow, Penelope thought that was about the neatest thing she had ever seen.

While trying to find an Ihop in Vegas, Penelope screamed as we drove. As soon as we got out, she was fine of course, just chilling in her carseat.



Wayne and Penelope (sleeping) watching the fountain show at the Bellagio. The fountains danced in sync with Christmas music.


Wayne & P at the Trevi Fountain, in front of Ceasars Forum.


Walking near Excaliber Hotel.


That is about the extent of our exciting Christmas trip. We are now home relaxing for a few days before the New Year.


An apdate on Penelope's sleeping schedule. We have tried to make a few changes, including trying to get her to nap more and having her go to bed earlier, and she has been sleeping a lot better. Plus Wayne has helped a lot since he hasn't had to work. So here's hoping for a New Year as normally functioning human beings!

4 comments:

  1. So glad for you update on the blog, and laughed at your discription of the guy with the lighted mouth and Penelope staring at him!! There is always something to smile about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must agree with you as far as the Mickey Mouse trend. . .not my style. We are SO out of fashion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should get some mouth bling. If it keeps Penelope happy..... ;-) And I am jealous of the jacket-less!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The whole idea of putting a baby to bed EARLIER so it would sleep more is sort of counter-intuitive, which is why I didn't realize that it worked until about the third kid. Hope you enjoy some uninterrupted sleep stretches!

    ReplyDelete

Browse our travel blog at www.worldgallivanter.blogspot.com.