Friday, December 9, 2011

Coffee!

In my old age, I have developed a taste for coffee. And since Penelope was born, it is one thing that I really look forward to having every day. I may hold out and enjoy it during an afternoon nursing session, or I may have it at 4 a.m. when Penelope decides she is getting up at the same time as Wayne. Either way it is enjoyed.

This past week, I ran out of coffee. It wasn't a huge deal, until about 1:30 in the afternoon. Later, the UPS lady stopped with a box. Addressed to Wayne, I didn't know what it was, so I immediately opened it (what are wives for?). Inside were 50 individual coffee ground cups, that you use in a Keurig coffee maker. A Keurig coffee maker is a fairly newfangled gadget that you use if you want to make one coffee/tea/mocha/cider at a time. It does this in a mere 60 seconds. So, Wayne has one of these coffee makers at work, and I assumed he had boughten some coffee ground cups. However, when I told him about it, he had no idea where they had come from. I was really wanting some coffee, and wondered if I could make coffee out of one of the individual coffee ground cups. I finally gave in and did, it worked fine!

Soooo....the mystery lasted until the next day, when the UPS lady brought us a new Keurig coffee maker! I couldn't help myself but to open it, put it together and brew a cup of coffee.

As I enjoyed my first Keurig cup of coffee, I began to really wonder where these boxes had come from. I started worrying that it was some kind of trial offer that I would end up paying for dearly at a later date. Wayne and I decided we had recently told someone about the coffee maker he uses at work, but who was it? Perhaps it was Wayne's parents when they were here for Thanksgiving.

Long story short....it was his parents, sending us the Keurig coffee maker for an anniversary present! I have been enjoying many cups of coffee, and it is a great gift for new parents, as you can easily get a hot cup of coffee in 60 seconds with only one hand!

Thanks Scott & Geri!

1 comment:

  1. How fun! Not that I like coffee, but unknown presents from the UPS bringing the VERY thing you want--that is pretty wonderful. What lovely in-laws!

    ReplyDelete

Browse our travel blog at www.worldgallivanter.blogspot.com.