Monday, November 14, 2011

More Family Time!

When I was a kid growing up in South Dakota, I wasn't that close to any of my extended family. We didn't have family that lived very close. One set of grandparents and one family lived about 7 hours away in South Dakota, and everyone else that we were related to lived at least 12 hours away. I also didn't have any cousins my age. My closest girl cousin was Laura, who is 4 years older than me. I was the youngest cousin except for my younger brother Danny.

So it has been delightful the last few years to get to know some of my cousins now that we are all adults. It is also nice to live within 4 hours of all my Weeda relatives. We saw them all last weekend, and then this weekend we get to see some of them again!

First of all, my mom came to visit us last Tuesday, and will leave tomorrow. She doesn't like Penelope that much, but usually I can get her to hold her while I shower or load the dishwasher.
Walter & Linda Weeda came to visit Thursday - Saturday. It was nice to have them out for the first time since we moved out here.
Jason & Colleen's family came Saturday morning for Brunch.


Maddie & Penelope
The girls making decorations for the baby shower the next day.
Wayne & Rhealynn being musical
The kids tying the mouse to the cat's tail.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Browse our travel blog at www.worldgallivanter.blogspot.com.