Wednesday, November 16, 2011

A Nursing Appetite

I just had a hankering for a mid-afternoon snack and made pancakes. They are THE strangest pancakes I have ever made - something between a crepe and a leather wallet. I can't even blame Penelope....she was sleeping soundly the entire time I was cooking. Alas, you can't trust Google for everything.

Speaking of food, I have been meaning to write about my post-pregnancy diet. I'll just come right out and say it. I have never eaten more in my entire life. I thought I ate quite a bit during pregnancy, but it wanes in comparison to my eating habits lately.

There are some pros and cons to this new development. The best part, of course, is being able to eat anything and everything that you want. You would think there would be no downside to this, but I admit I actually get tired of eating. At 9:30 a.m. when I am eating breakfast for the 3rd time that morning, I sometimes wish this stage would pass.

Wayne and I were recently eating at a restaurant. I had just handed Penelope over to Wayne so I would have two hands (ah, the luxury) to eat the remainder of my meal, when the waitress asked if we needed a box. I calmly and seriously replied that I would eat the rest of my meal, and possibly the half of a sandwich that Wayne had left behind also. After the waitress left, Wayne burst out laughing, as he thought I was trying to be funny. I looked at him, and in between large mouthfuls told him I was very hungry still and quite serious!

One night before bed I was especially hungry. It wasn't as if I hadn't already eaten 3 (or more...) meals that day. After putting Penelope down, I went for a bedtime snack. On my plate: cheese & crackers, toast, two cookies and an apple with peanut butter. Yum.

Anyone up for an eating contest? Just as long as it's not these awful pancakes. But I would consider drinking the syrup...

2 comments:

  1. I can remember laying in bed, nursing Cheyenne, with tears rolling down my cheeks because I was SO STINKIN' HUNGRY but I couldn't manage the horror of trying to get out of bed and make her start crying again. I have never been as hungry in my life as I have been while I nursed. If Wayne laughs, throw the leftover sandwich at him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I am only in the first trimester, and I am already tired of eating. The other night I had to get out of bed to go to the bathroom twice and eat once. I felt like yelling at my body "Excuse me, but I am TRYING to sleep!" I am VERY hungry and even when I am not hungry, I need to eat something to keep myself from getting nauseated. Sigh. I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete

Browse our travel blog at www.worldgallivanter.blogspot.com.