Monday, November 21, 2011

Thanksgiving

Thursday is Thanksgiving, my favorite holiday. Actually it is the only holiday that I observe at all. I take that back....4th of July is OK. I could do without all of the other holidays. They are marketing scams fueled by either wired children, buzzed adults, or both. But, immediately following Thanksgiving, is the month that I have the greatest disdain for. Four weeks of horrific hollabaloo concluding with - you guessed it, Christmas. The reasons I dislike Christmas are many. You may be reading about them for the next month.

Back to Thanksgiving. We are being thankful here at home again this year. Wayne's parents fly in tomorrow, and on Thursday the Kleebs will join us for the day.

On the Menu:
Turkey, gravy & dressing
Mashed potatoes
Sweet Potatoes a la George Kleeb
Corn Pudding (new recipe I am trying)
Steamed Carrots
Crunchy Pea Salad
Relish tray
Cranberry sauce a la Deena Kleeb
Pumpkin Pie (new recipe with ginger crust)
Carmel Pecan Pie (new recipe)
Apple Cheesecake (hopefully a nice cross between apple pie & cheesecake)

I'm trying to come up with another salad, but drawing a blank. I don't want to make yet another trip to the grocery store, so looking for something that I already have the ingredients for. I thoroughly enjoy having way too much food prepared, so may also add another vegetable, green bean casserole, more desserts....etc.

That's all for today!

2 comments:

  1. You're making me hungry! I have a pumpkin cheesecake recipe with a gingersnap crust that I love, so I bet I'd love that pumpkin pie recipe. Are you looking for a green salad? What do you have on hand?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uhhhhh...not much that is green. I was considering making something with a lone packet of black cherry jello that I have in the pantry. I have mandarin oranges, cream cheese, nuts, cranberries. So maybe a combo of those things. I do have spinich, but not sure if it will still be good on Thursday. If it keeps until then I'm sure I could come up with something with it.

    ReplyDelete

Browse our travel blog at www.worldgallivanter.blogspot.com.