Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Yes, I'm still here


I would like to rant today about how awful I feel, how it hurts to move, and how I actually find myself checking to make sure Babygirl's head is still inside my body, contrary to how it feels. But since I'm sure you all have heard me whine and complain before, I will move on to another subject.

Wayne and I are not artists. I like to think we have an appreciation for nice things, art included. However, I have found one thing that we both abhor: Anne Geddes photography. I'm sure many of you may disagree, that's OK, you can go on living in your bizarre world where a baby squished in a flower pot is 'cute'.


I'm sorry Anne, but we think your photography is creepy and weird. How do you think up all of these baby poses? And what is your infatuation with babies and food? Are we to look at a baby inside of a pea pod and think "mmm, I'm getting hungry!"? At my doctors office, there are a few exam rooms that I cringe if I am taken to. The first room on the left and the last room on the right. For some reason obstetricians must like Anne Geddes. The last room on the right has a picture of a baby, and it's head is completely enveloped by large apples. How did you get the apples to stick? Poor baby! Luckily, I have read that Anne's charity helps against child abuse....but still. Makes you wonder. I thought that was bad enough, when one day I am led to the first exam room on the left. There we have a set of photos. One baby's whole body is surrounded by blueberries. The next, cherries. The whole body. Very weird. I took this picture with my phone:


I could go on about the photos, but there are too many that I would rather not see. So I will leave you with this image. It is entitled "Eucalyptus."
WHERE DID THE BABY GO?!

2 comments:

  1. Babies ARE edible, so it fits right in! There does seem to be a surfeit of Anne Geddes prints in the ob/gyn world, though. Stipulate that in your birth plan: "I reserve the right to labor without squished babies leering at me!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah, the blueberry baby is weiiiird. I don't mind some of the Anne Geddes. There, now you and Wayne can scratch me off your potential desireables to know. Because I KNOW I was on that list. Anyway, the key word is mind. I don't have or want any of these pictures, but they don't make me cringe. The blueberry baby does though. It looks like the poor thing has a bizarre skin condition.....

    ReplyDelete

Browse our travel blog at www.worldgallivanter.blogspot.com.