Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Why I am still wearing maternity clothes

Maternity clothes....definitely has a different meaning to me than before I was pregnant. When I got pregnant, having to buy and wear huge maternity clothes was something I dreaded. My friend Christina gave me lots of her old maternity clothes, and although thankful for them, I looked at them with dread. Was I really going to need clothes THIS big? I surely would never put any size large clothes on my petite frame. And did anyone actually wear these ones with what looked like panty hose expanding several inches above the waistband?

After doing some shopping I found out that there were some cute maternity clothes out there. And they were comfortable and cool in my third trimester. And I did end up wearing some rather large sizes. Clothes shrink a little, you know.

Now as Penelope nears the 5 month mark, I have a secret. I am still wearing maternity clothes. Not all of them, but I frequently am found sporting them.

The top 4 reasons I am still wearing maternity clothes:

1. Ease of nursing. It takes skill to successfully nurse a baby without exposing yourself. Large, flowing shirts are great!
2. I don't really care. I have officially entered mommyhood and don't care nearly as much how I look. And when I do care, I realize that nothing in my closet is going to look great once saturated with drool and spit-up.
3. Umm, ahem....I don't fit into all of my pre-pregnancy clothes. There. I said it. I am not huge, but I still weigh 10 pounds more than I did pre-pregnancy. And those 10 pounds have redistributed themselves quite differently than before.
4. One word: Elastic. Stretches when you need it to, compresses when you don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Browse our travel blog at www.worldgallivanter.blogspot.com.