Monday, February 27, 2012

Lunch at Subway

I have resigned myself to blogging about the must mundane things. Going to town. Lunch at Subway. Ah, the excitement of life.

When I was little, it was a while before I realized that there were subways that didn't sell sandwiches. There was actually these underground tunnels with trains that were called subways. I learned this from the walls of our local (sandwich) Subway. However, all the pictures were circa 1940s, so it was another learning experience when I found out that cities today have subways! And this country girl has even used them a few times!

Anyway, back to my lunch. Penelope and I ventured out to have lunch at Subway. I sat midway between a group of three 40ish woman and two teenage girls. I had previously thought that females matured into rational, level-headed women. Until I heard this:

40 ish women: "and then I texted her and said blah blah blah....well, I heard they are having financial problems....his daughter told my daughter that blah blah blah" etc

teenagers: "She said WHAT?? Hold on I am going to text her right now. No way, she is not going to push me around like that." etc

40 ish women: "My daughter wants to blah blah blah, and I told her she better not or..."

teenagers: "My mom said I couldn't! She is so mean, and then she said blah blah blah..."

I realized that the only difference between these groups was the fact that the older women had mastered the art of using makeup. I hope when some new mom eavesdrops on my conversation I have more interesting things to say that gab about who said what and the latest gossip!

1 comment:

  1. Scott and I were so happy to read another Sheena blog! Loved it!!

    ReplyDelete

Browse our travel blog at www.worldgallivanter.blogspot.com.