Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Too Much Vacation

By the 10th day Wayne had taken off work, I realized we have started to squabble a bit. Don't get me wrong, we aren't mad at each other and we don't fight. We just know how to pick on each other just enough to be fun but not hurt anyone's feelings. For instance, this 10th day of vacation went something like this:

First a little background. 1)I have a cold and apparently don't hear very well. 2) Because of past experiences, I have a standing rule that if Wayne ever wants to go out to eat, he must always tell me BEFORE I eat, not AFTER. There have been too many times when I have just finished breakfast, when Wayne casually mentions, "Oh, by the way, I'm heading out for an amazing 7 course champagne breakfast at the nicest place in town." OK, so it wasn't a 7 course breakfast, it was Burger King. But still, during our college days, it was a big deal. 3) Wayne doesn't carry his debit card in his wallet, so if he spends money he has to borrow mine.

So at 3 am
Wayne: Aren't you going to feed her?
Me: Why?
Wayne: She's been fussing for 10 minutes.
Me: Oh....

5 am
Wayne goes and gets Penelope up and brings her to bed with us, where she wakes up and starts fussing.
Wayne: If you feed her she'll probably go back to sleep.
Me: She was sleeping just fine and you go wake her up and tell me to feed her so she can go back to sleep?!?
Wayne: She was already awake and fussing for a while....
Me: Oh...

By some stroke of luck we all fell asleep and slept in until almost 9!!!!! Once the shock of that wore off....

9:30
Wayne: I'm going to town.
Me: What for?
Wayne: McDonalds
Me: Whatever, you don't need to go to town.
Wayne: I'm hungry! It's my last day of vacation!
Me: How are you going to pay?
Wayne: Um.... your dedit card??

9:57
Wayne: I'm going to town.
Me: You're not going unless you take us.
Wayne: You better get Penelope ready fast, because McDonalds breakfast ends at 10:30!
Me: Oh, Whatever! YOU get her ready. (When Wayne mentions McD's and breakfast I know he means business - so I run to the closet, get dressed & grab the enormous diaper bag while yelling across the house, "You better be REAL glad I haven't eaten breakfast yet!!!")

I have never seen Wayne get Penelope buckeled into her car seat so fast. We both jump in the car by 10 sharp. However, we live 30 minutes from McDonnalds. After breaking several speed limits and doing a few maneuvers that are illegal in 15 states, we arrive at McDonalds.

10:26
Wayne: I'm going to run in quick and make sure they are still serving breakfast. Wayne runs to the door, realizes that he doesn't have any money, and comes back to my car door. "I need the card!"
Me: HA HA HA!!!!!
Wayne: Give me the card!
Me: Oh, so I don't get breakfast?!?
Wayne: AAAhhhh....(runs to get Penelope, I grab the enormous diaper bag and we both sprint into McDonalds.

10:29
We order our breakfast and sit down as the McDonalds people change the menu from breakfast to lunch.
Wayne: I love getting here right as they change menus, then once we are done, we can just eat lunch too!

3 comments:

  1. Do you ever wonder what being retired is going to be like? :) Never a dull moment. But at least you won't have a big diaper bag to bring along, just maybe a cane, comes in handy.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You folks sure do know how to live it up whilst on vacation! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Browse our travel blog at www.worldgallivanter.blogspot.com.