Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Ancient Love, This one's for you

There are a few things I have read on the web today that I would like to rant about:

1. "...to save money for christmas and other necessities." Christmas is NOT a necessity. It is fine if you want to buy some underprivileged child a toy or participate in 'adopt a grandparent' around the holidays. But Christmas is still a WANT not a NEED. As the Christmas grinch, I am proud to say I have been surviving just fine without Christmas for many years.

2. "Angelina Jolie's longtime love, Brad Pitt" Ok, yes, I admit, I clicked on one of those celebrity stories disguised as news. Anyhow, I was wondering how long a longtime love is, so I Googled it. They have been together (not married) since 2005. So 7 years qualifies you as a longtime love. Well Wayne, after 10 years you are now dubbed my Ancient Love.

Speaking of Wayne....Happy Birthday to my best friend, perfect partner & Ancient Love. You're the best!

3 comments:

  1. And isn't it your birthday too? Or is that tomorrow? I think it is today. So I am just going to say Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often wonder if it wouldn't be better for poor families if all the money and cheap stuffed animals that are showered on them at Christmas weren't spent on new clothes and school supplies at August. And happy birthday to the two of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the Happy Birthdays.
    Just one more Christmas rant....
    One thing I approve of is donating food at the grocery stores that collect for the food pantry. However, why is it only during the holidays? Why don't they do it year round? Do needy people only eat during the holidays?

    ReplyDelete

Browse our travel blog at www.worldgallivanter.blogspot.com.