Saturday, September 8, 2012

Twin Falls

Over Labor Day weekend we went to Twin Falls, ID. We visited Craters of the Moon National Monument, which consists of lava/volcanic remains.


 ...Sort of an inside joke between me and Wayne, I occasionally 'pose' dramatically for pictures, because we have an acquaintance that does this a lot and it makes us laugh:)

 Picnic lunch near Shoshone Falls
 The cool bridge over the Snake River. Twin Falls is a pretty small, unexciting town, but this gorge is pretty neat. We saw base jumpers on the bridge.
 Shoshone Falls - nicknamed 'Niagra Falls of the west'. It was pretty nice, and apparently is even nicer in the springtime with more water.
 Dry landscape, but pretty water.
 On the way back we stopped at CJ Strike Reservior, where some of our camping friends had gone for the weekend. The kids were excited to see Penelope.


1 comment:

  1. I am jealous of you guys doing things like this. I always think we should go do stuff/see things, but something always comes up that makes me think--no, better not this time. Mostly my laziness I think. :-)

    Looks like fun! And I love the dramatic posing.

    ReplyDelete

Browse our travel blog at www.worldgallivanter.blogspot.com.