Thursday, May 3, 2012

Pictures from Colorado Trip

Here are a few pictures from our trip. 

At a rest area along the way:

 Penelope and I went to Seven Falls, a waterfall attraction at the end of a narrow canyon. After visiting, I felt like it was more of an attraction than a waterfall, but anyway, it was OK. The sign in the elevator made me a wee bit nervous, and wonder how many diapers I had in my bag.
 Here are the pretty tumbling falls:

 There are nice stairs that go up alongside the falls. Probably the biggest reason I wasn't so impressed with this place is that the lady in one of the gift shops started going on this tirade to me about the elevation. I tried to listen calmly as she told me I needed to drink water, and my baby needed to drink water, and that I would get out of breath walking up the stairs, and the baby can't tell me how thirsty she is, and did I mention, I need to drink water?! I asked her what the elevation was. Around 7,000 feet. I calmly said, "well, we live at 5800 and routinely hike up to 9000." Her response? "You need to drink lots of water!" Did you notice I said 'one' of the gift shops? This place took about a half hour to see, and there were three gift shops!

 We went to the Garden of the Gods. I had heard about this place for a long time, and I was very impressed with it. A huge, free park, that was kept very nicely. Hiking trails, rock climbing, etc. And there was only one gift shop. We drug Wayne with for this outing.
 Interestingly, Wayne can't push this little stroller because he can't reach the handles and his feet run into it.

2 comments:

  1. My husband always had that problem with the umbrella strollers too....hhmmm. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love that last picture! Were you tempted to jump in the elevator anyway? ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Browse our travel blog at www.worldgallivanter.blogspot.com.