Monday, January 28, 2013

Hurried Morning

Remember I said we were supposed to get 4-8 inches? Well, we got about six. Wayne left early for work, but couldn't get out of the drive with the car, so he took the four wheel drive that I normally use. Unfortunately I can't blame anything on him, because he then texted me that he took it.

By the time I and other sane people had risen, I had forgotten all about it. The boys I babysit came and I had gotten everyone breakfast. Penelope completely coated herself with Cream of Wheat, and that stuff doesn't just wipe off. So I thought the boys could finish their breakfast and I could give Penelope a quick bath. While Penelope was in the bath, I realized that I didn't have a vehicle to take the boys to the bus, and we would have to walk. Which is no big deal, other than it was 18 degrees, we had 6 inches of fresh snow, and we would need to leave 10 minutes earlier. Plus the pressure of knowing if we missed the bus, I had no way to get the boys to school. So for the next 10 minutes the boys heard me yell from different parts of the house: "J are you finished eating? T put your dishes in the sink. J are you dressed yet? Hurry! Get your boots on!" I was going to put Penelope in the backpack carrier, but then realized that it was in the vehicle that Wayne took. So the boys and I dug out the stroller, but I dreaded pushing it through the snow. We finally pushed our way out the door with the stroller, while the entire neighborhood cat population attempted to get in the house. (For some reason there are now four cats that seem to think this is their home.) I'm sure it looked like a Norman Rockwell painting, with scarves flying and mouths hanging wide.

We made it to the bus stop in plenty of time. Penelope and I came back to the house for a cozy day in. We're out of milk and could use some groceries, but that all pales when I can spend a nice quiet day with my little bear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Browse our travel blog at www.worldgallivanter.blogspot.com.