Saturday, January 26, 2013

Caffeine Anyone?

Caffeine Anyone?
Over the holidays some of Wayne's cousins came to visit. We were excited to have them and had a great time. Wayne and I enjoy making a big breakfast together on the weekends, so we made breakfast, complete with coffee. Wayne's cousins were self proclaimed 'coffee addicts,' and they had a big day of traveling ahead of them. I fluffed my hospitable feathers and made them a big pot of coffee to take with them in their thermos. I'm so nice, right? At some point after they left, I looked at my coffee and noticed for the first time that I had mistakenly bought DECAF! The poor cousins, I'm glad they didn't fall asleep at the wheel drinking my carefully prepared decaf coffee.

Oh Elizabeth
There were several things that attracted me to Wayne when we first met. However, his taste for music was not one of them. Some of his favorite songs are sung by the Statler Brothers, Merl Haggard, and several hillbilly singers with names like 'Johnny Millboy' and 'Stompin' Tom Two-tooth.' Currently Wayne's phone alarm bellers slowly at 4:30 every morning: "OH ELIIIIZABETHHHH, I'M SURE MISSING YOOUUUUU..." I have it memorized, and occasionally sing along at 4:30, or even occasionally if I wake up at 2:30, just for spite. As a side note, Wayne also works out to this music. No kidding. It's like going to sleep at a nightclub.

Nevada Winter
This fall, a seasoned local was telling me that the last two winters have been 'VERY mild.' We have only lived here two winters, but I still brushed it off and thought....right. Well this winter has been a different. For the last month we have had snow on the ground and temps from -15 to +15 most days. We really haven't minded so much. The snow is beautiful and we spend lots of time being lethargic in our living room. It warmed up to the high 30s for the last two days and melted about half of the snow, however, 4-8 inches are forecasted for tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. I think I'll just use your Keurig and make my own coffee when I visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaah! Your hospitable feathers. Love it! And I can't believe you don't like the Statler Brothers and Stompin' Tom! It was the music of our childhood. Somehow, I never rebelled from my parents music. I listen to it like I grew up in the 50's. :-)

    And we had a week long high of 12 degrees this past week. BUT it is supposed to get up to 50 on Wednesday. And then high of 10 on Thursday. So schizo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the greatest alarm clock song ever! I literally LOLed over that one! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Statler Bros! They were my first ever concert. I'm sure that would make Cori gag.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like Wayne has GREAT taste in music!! Not sure I would work out to it, but . . . Logan is taking guitar lessons and his teacher asked him who he would like to be able to play like. Logan said "Either Brad Paisley or Don Williams." We decided to start with Don Williams. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Let me re-phrase: I have nothing against Statler Bros or any others. I LIKED them the first time, the second time, even the fourteenth time it was not bad. We are just so, so far beyond that.

    ReplyDelete

Browse our travel blog at www.worldgallivanter.blogspot.com.