Friday, March 30, 2012

Sneak Trip

We made a quick sneak trip to Salt Lake City yesterday. Sneak Trips are when we don't tell any of our relatives or friends we will be in town, and just spend some time together. We love visiting people, but sometimes it's nice to just get away by ourselves.

To start out, I have not been impressed with Wayne's driving lately. He drives way too fast, and we arrived in Salt Lake in record time. Wayne actually had a business meeting in the city, so Penelope and I left him at an office building and went exploring. After our quota of shopping had been completed, Wayne still wasn't finished, so we hit up a coffee shop. I was going to relax with a snack for a while, but Penelope seemed to be a bit antsy, so I decided we would just go to the car. That is when I looked out the window and saw a police cruiser parked right next to our car.

Me: thinking "Why is he parked next to me? Oh no, someone saw Wayne driving way too fast and reported us. This cop found us and is waiting for someone to come out to the car to ticket them. Ugh! I wonder if he will arrest me!? It wasn't even me who was driving. Maybe he will feel sorry for me since I have a baby. Maybe I shouldn't go out there, just stay in the coffee shop forever. Ugh!!"

I mustered up the courage to go to the car when I saw there wasn't even anyone in the police car. As I walked outside, I see out of the corner of my eye the police officer come out of another store and head straight toward me!

Me: thinking "Just stay calm. Don't act guilty."

Police Officer: walks to his car "Hey there, that's a nice looking car."

Me: "Uhhh...Th-thanks?"

Police Officer: "What kind of car is that anyway?"

Me: "I think it's called a s-six s-s-series." I also added a quick "Its-my-husbands" for good measure.

Police Officer: "Oh, cool. You don't see many of those around."

I tried to say something intelligent about the car, while shoving the carseat in the backseat of a tiny two door car.

Police Officer: "Well, doesn't look like it's real easy to get the carseat in! Well, take care!"

And off he goes. Whew.

We stayed at a hotel for the night. I have been wanting to take Penelope swimming for a while now, and the hotel had a decent pool. So we donned our cute swimsuits, or at least Penelope did, and the adults squeezed into theirs. Before we went down to the pool, Wayne took a picture of us in which Penelope is already looking pretty excited about the whole ordeal. However, it was nothing compared to when we got into the pool. Penelope apparently loves the water, just like her mom and dad. She squealed and splashed with delight until it was past her bedtime. We had a lot of fun taking Little Pea swimming for the first time.


3 comments:

  1. Aww, what a cute smile!! Every time I try to take a pic of Jaxon smiling it is blurry because he can't seem to smile without flapping both arms and kicking both legs. She is so sweet! Loving this age! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love her expression! Also laughed out loud about your fear of being arrested..too funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a GREAT excited face! Maybe Wayne needs to sell his Six Series and build Penelope a swimming pool.

    ReplyDelete

Browse our travel blog at www.worldgallivanter.blogspot.com.