Saturday, October 19, 2013

The Great Wall

Wayne recently took a big trip to Asia and Australia. First Wayne is sharing the Great Wall pictures. More of his trip to come! 
 I spent 3 hours at the Great Wall at Mutianyu, about an hour outside Beijing. Originally constructed in the 6th century, and later rebuilt in 1569, it is one of the more unique sections of the wall. Hiked about half on the restored section, and half on the unrestored. The second to last picture shows how rugged and endless the wall is as it goes into the horizon along the ridges. I went early in the morning, and had the wall to myself.










1 comment:

  1. Can you fathom all the man hours that went in to building that thing?! Holy moly. It's longer than I would have expected too, but maybe not as tall. . . I kind of pictured it going all the way up for miles into the sky.

    ReplyDelete

Browse our travel blog at www.worldgallivanter.blogspot.com.