Saturday, July 7, 2012

My husband is the best man in the whole world!

Yes, I am serious. No poking jokes at Wayne in this post. We recently decided that one day a week Wayne will watch Penelope exclusively for half of a day, and I can do whatever I want. Usually it is Saturday morning and usually I just end up cleaning, doing laundry or gardening. Which is a treat to be able to do without a baby on my hip. This delightful happening occurred for a few weeks, then we were busy and doing other things for a few weeks and it didn't happen. This week we have been camping and Wayne has been enjoying a few days off over the holiday. But yesterday we were tired of the lake and came home. Wayne volunteered to watch her for the remainder of the day so I could unload and unpack the three tons of equipment we had for camping. AND then he suggested that he also watch her Saturday morning so I could do something fun!! He knows me pretty well by now, and knew that yesterday I would just do non-fun stuff.

Yesterday afternoon I took a nap when Penelope did. After an hour she woke up and I remembered that Wayne was watching her. So I rolled over and went back to sleep! I woke up later, rolled over and fell asleep again. What bliss!

So this morning I am at Starbucks enjoying myself! I brought a book and my computer. Is there any laws limiting the number of baked treats you buy and eat at Starbucks?

Here are the drawbacks: 1) I miss them. I keep wondering if Penelope has taken a nap by now and if Wayne needs any of my expert advice yet. But I don't call and enjoy my coffee. 2) There are weird people at Starbucks. Like the 60 year old man that just came in with his arms around what looked like a 20 year old girl. Or the group that are playing gothic games in the corner. There is a large chain of some sort laying on their table. Maybe it is a medieval chain mail. I hope they didn't bring their swords. There is comfort in knowing that if my life dissolves, there will always be someone at a coffee shop with whom I can fit in with.

So now that I am caught up on my sleep and caffeine, I am going to sign off and do some online shopping or read a book. Or sleep some more. Thanks honey.

2 comments:

  1. What a guy!

    It IS funny how you miss them when you are on your own. As much as I enjoy some alone time now and then, I am always sort of anxious to get back to being "me." Well until the next time 4 little kiddos need me at once and Justin wonders if I happen to know where he put the thing-y-ma-jig. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome thing to do! Have fun with your little vacation! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Browse our travel blog at www.worldgallivanter.blogspot.com.